tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abhishek Pamecha" <abhishek_pame...@infy.com>
Subject UnsatisfiedLinkError...no ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:09:01 GMT
UnsatisfiedLinkError...no ocijdbc8 in java.library.path

I am developing a web application on tomcat 3.2.2 with Apache 1.2.22 on
Solaris 2.8.
I to make connections to Oracle database from this application using the
oci driver.
I am having this error whenever i use oci client for making a connection
from a servlet.
If I use a  thin client , obviously, no error comes  and the connection
is smoothly made.
Also, If I run a stand alone java program helloOracle.c it smoothly
makes connections
using either the oci client or the thin client.

I have also set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ORACLE_HOME/lib which is Oracle
8.1.6
I also searched in the various libs of oracle but everywhere it has the
libocijdbc8.so instead of ocijdbc8.so

Is this a problem of unsetting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH when tomcat is
launched or is it a problem of some missing .so file
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Any pointers where I am at fault.....????