tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: TomCat 4, Servlets & Oracle JDBC
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:06:07 GMT
Hi,
To use the thin driver from oracle with in your servlets/jsp you must
put the driver into your classpath.
the simplest way to do this is to move classes12.jar (for oracle 8i)
into the folder yourwebapp/WEB-INF/lib/
I must admit that I have no Idea if the jar files are installed anywhere
with oracle or not, but at least you can get the driver at oracles
website.
http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html

choose JDBC drivers...

I think that should be enough. if not, post your error messages here.

hope it helps
-reynir þ hubner

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wadkin [mailto:j.wadkin@hud.ac.uk]
Sent: 17. janúar 2002 16:57
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: TomCat 4, Servlets & Oracle JDBC

I'm charged with the task of getting a servlet working using Apache 1.3,
TomCat 4 and Oracle on a Unix platform. The servlet parses xml documents
into HTML pages with content taken from an Oracle database via jbdc
(thin)
drivers.
My question relates to the jdbc drivers bit - as I understand it, the
drivers should install with Oracle. Is further configuration needed? For
example, do I have to do anything with TomCat?
I've had a look on the net and at the documentation/faqs on the Apache
site
and haven't been able to find anything other than vague details.
Apologies
if I've repeated a well-asked question!

Thanks,

John

Quote for the week:

Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly often attributed by the
living
to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children, and by
children
to adults.

Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin, (1973) "Emotions"