tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: multiple java processes
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:50:03 GMT
<paste>

>My problem is that whenever Tomcat is started, it spawns off at least 30
>processes identified only as java when I do a ps -e command, and each one
of
>these processes eats up about 23.1 MB of Ram, which ends up making Tomcat
>take more than 900 MB of RAM when no one is even hitting the server!

They are NOT processes, they are threads, well... that linux-threads
"hybrid" -don't flame me, please, I use Linux happily everyday on the
server side-. And those threads are "sharing" 23 MB of ram (if all of them
are under the same Java instance, use ps -axf for a fancy look of this),
donĀ“t panic.

By the way, this question has been answered many times on this list. You
can find useful information by browsing or searching the archives at:

http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/index.jsp or
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/ or... google
can give you more

Francisco J. Novella