tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: exception when compiling jsp
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:31:28 GMT
I don't believe Tomcat 3.3 supports accessing content,
via forward, include, etc. under the WEB-INF, or META-INF,
directories, even if it did compile.

My guess is that your error is occuring because you
didn't put you tag classes in a package and are thus
in the "default" package.

In Tomcat 3.x, the package ssigned to the JSP matches the
directory structure from the root of the web application.
Thus, JSPs in the webapp's root directory are assigned to
the "" package, i.e. the "default" package.  These JSPs
can access your tags because they are in the same package
as the JSP.  JSPs under a "jsp" subdirectory would be
assigned to the "jsp" package. Your moved JSPs are being
placed in the "WEB_0002dINF.pages" package.  Your tag
classes aren't automatically accessible because they
aren't in the same package.

You can either add imports to all your JSP pages or
put your tags into a package and update your TLD.

Cheers,
Larry