tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.4 xml parsing of web.xml
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:04:08 GMT
One of the changes in Tomcat 3.2.4 was that JAXP 1.0.1
was replaced with JAXP 1.1, i.e. parser.jar was upgraded
to crimson.jar.  It would appear that crimson.jar is
validating by default, something that Tomcat 3.2.3 and
earlier never did.  It is now telling you that there are
previously unreported errors in your web.xml.

The sequence of elements shown in the DTD must be followed.
For example: all <servlet> elements must come before any
<servlet-mapping> elements.

Cheers,
Larry