tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: --- Please helpme: Tomcat visibility (I think!)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:58:58 GMT
If you use:

    <Context path="/MyApp" docBase="MyApp" ...

or allow that docBase to be auto-served and have:

    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/MyApp
    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/MyApp/html/arch.jsp
    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF
    ... etc.

then "/html/arch.jsp" is the correct URL.

If you use:

    <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" ...

or allow that docBase to be auto and have:

    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/MyApp
    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/MyApp/html/arch.jsp
    CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF
    ... etc.

then "/MyApp/html/arch.jsp" is the correct URL.
In this case MyApp gets treated as an ordinary directory
rather than as a web application.

If the IIS+JRun was working, I would assume you
were using a deployment similar to the later case
above.

Note, you don't state exactly what the servlet is
doing.  I could be wrong in my interpretation of what you
mean by "call" in "creating the path to call certain jsp".
I'm assuming a RequestDispatcher include or forward.

Cheers,
Larry