tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Knutsen Jeffrey S" <KnutsenJeffr...@JohnDeere.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.1 with Servlet 2.2
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:36:42 GMT

Our organization is new to Tomcat.  I am trying to decide between installing
Tomcat 3.3.x and the newer Tomcat 4.0.1.  I would like to use the latest
version, however due to portability (and mostly political) considerations
within our environment I am only able to support the Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1
specs at this time.

Is it possible to install Tomcat 4.0.1, yet configure the server to only
support the older spec levels?  If it is not configurable, would replacing
the servlet.jar file with an older version (perhaps the one from Tomcat
3.3.x) work to accomplish this goal?  Would there be any other obvious
ramifications to this action?  Am I missing any other obvious issues or
alternatives?

Thank you very much.

-- Jeff