tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wagoner, Mark" <MWago...@wildflavors.com>
Subject JSP Won't Compile Under Tomcat 4
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:15:02 GMT
I am trying to move an app from Tomcat 3.3 to 4.01 and am running into a
really strange problem.

Everything works fine except for my error page, which won't compile.  I get
the following:

2002-01-18 09:08:18 ApplicationDispatcher[] Servlet.service() for servlet
jsp threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 18 in the jsp file: /error.jsp

Generated servlet error:
D:\Tomcat\work\localhost\_\error$jsp.java:64: Class
org.apache.jsp.PrintWriter not found.
                 exception.printStackTrace(new PrintWriter(out));
                                               ^
1 error

I just installed Tomcat on the Windows NT box and selected all the options
except for the source code.  Tomcat 3.3 is on the same box and, as I said,
it works fine under that.

Is there some classpath setting I have to make?

Thanks