tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE" <david.durh...@scott.af.mil>
Subject RE: AccessControlException with Applet
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:13:53 GMT
I think its the applets security settings you should be looking at.

You should know that applets are not by default allowed to make socket
connections to computers other than the server the applet came from.

Hope this helps,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier BILLIARD [mailto:olivier.billiard@idatys.thalesgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 10:07 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: AccessControlException with Applet

Hi,

I tried to established a communication between an applet and another
server by RMI. I also did it with some JSPs and it work fine. But with
the applet i have a problem.
I can do a lookup to get the interface but when i try to call a method i
get a
(java.net.SocketPermission XXX:2113 connect, resolve)

I immediatly thinking about the policy and the catalina.policy file.
First i don't think that i use the security of Tomcat (because when i
want to put -security it refuses to start) but i modified the file to
set all permissions but it still refuse to work.
I don't see where is the probleme, i need some help.

NB. I already try to remove the spaces of the directory of Tomcat but i
didn"t solve my probleme

Thx in advance
Olivier