tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Threads and IllegalAccessError
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:14:28 GMT
No, it's an IllegalAccessError.  It's listed in the Error section of
java.lang javadoc.

Below the list of excceptions is the Errors subsection.  Here's the
relevant comment:

/* Begin JavaDoc java.lang.IllegalAccessError */
Thrown if an application attempts to access or modify a field, or to
call a method that it does not have access to.
Normally, this error is caught by the compiler; this error can only
occur at run time if the definition of a class has incompatibly changed.
/* End javaDoc */

This is what's strange is that it compiles fine and runs fine as an
application.  The code also runs fine when run in a larger webapp that I
have where I'm not spawning threads myself and I'm letting the container
handle everything.   In this case I need to spawn new threads though
because of the nature of what I'm doing.

Thanks
Mike