tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oli Gauti Gudmundsson <oli.ga...@vyre.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk with Tomcat4
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:03:56 GMT
OK....finally got this working....what a silly mistake. The socket error was
a result of the fact that the machine only had java1.2 and the setKeepAlive
method was added in jdk 1.3. Therefore, I upgraded the jdk, and Tomcat 4.01
and Apache are now serving content at great speed through mod_jk and ajp13!

Regards,
-OGG

-----Original Message-----
From: Oli Gauti Gudmundsson
Sent: 19. janĂșar 2002 14:46
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: mod_jk with Tomcat4

Hi.
Has anyone managed to get Apache and Tomcat 4.01 working together with
mod_jk? If you have, could you please share with me how you configured
Tomcat (send me the server.xml file).

If you had any problems, could you please share how you solved them.

I'm pretty sure that I have configured Apache correctly (since it starts
without errors), and I have configured an AJP13 connector in server.xml. I
have also created a workers.properties where the properties are set for the
ajp13 worker. Apache and Tomcat both start without errors, but when a
request is made, it just times out.

The following error appears in catalina.log:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.net.Socket: method setKeepAlive(Z)V not
found at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector.run(Compiled Code) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Thanks for your help.
-OGG