tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anton Brazhnyk <a.brazh...@biconsulting.ws>
Subject Re: Solved: TC4 + Apache virtual host configuration
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:32:27 GMT
> I finally got virtual hosting working with Apache and TC4.0, woo hoo!

Congratulations!

> The relevant sections from httpd.conf and server.xml are below. The
> only downside with this configuration is that I haven't been able to
> mount webapps in the root context specified by DocumentRoot. Instead I
> had to create a subdirectory 'site' and put the servlets and JSPs in
> that. Is there any way to mount the root context?

There is a special context and web-app in Servlet Spec.
(so in Tomcat as well) called ROOT.
I believe you should put your app there and mention something
like

WebAppDeploy / conn /
or maybe
WebAppDeploy conn /

in your httpd.conf.
There can be some problems with slash (/) at the end of URL,
so try both "http://host" and "http://host/" in your browser.
But according to specs Tomcat's HTTP Connector is doing a favour
to as serving contexts without trailing slash. WARP connector doesn't.

I hope it helps.

BTW, are my messages can be read, cause I send them in some unusual way?

> -August

Anton