tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arvind Gudipati <Arvind.Gudip...@PANACYA.com>
Subject RE: Still have no answer for this!
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:42:54 GMT
It is possible that you do not have the PATH sentup properly. Make sure the
directory containing the OCI.dll is in the PATH environment variable..

Also sometimes esp., when using OCI drivers , you need to set up ORACLE_HOME
environment variable..

Hope this helped...
Arvind

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Rowles [mailto:JRowles@ordsvy.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 12:19 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Still have no answer for this!

> "OCI.DLL: One of the library files needed to run this
> appliction cannot be found". Can anyone tell me what might
> be the problem? I checked the dll dependency for OCI.DLL,
> all dll files are there.

http://www.orafaq.com/msgboard/java/messages/398.htm

OCI is the Oracle Call Interface and is only one of the ways you can call
Oracle.  Are you *sure* that your connection URIs are identical?

One workaround may be to re-install the Oracle drivers, according to one
comment I found.  Better still, move to a POS (Proper Operating System)
instead of the POS (Microsoft product) you are using.

Justin.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  E-mail may contain confidential information that is
legally protected.  Do not read this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient. This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous
e-mail messages  attached to it may contain confidential information that is
legally protected.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,  you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify us by reply e-mail, by forwarding this to
administrator@panacya.com or by telephone at (877) PANACYA, and destroy the
original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner.  Thank you.  For information about PANACYA Inc., please visit our
website at http://www.panacya.com.