tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Sweetnam" <Matt.Sweet...@botcc.com>
Subject Cannot display page
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:37:19 GMT
I'm getting a:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.
>From the browser when I go to http://localhost:8080
I'm running Tomcat version 4.0.1 with JDK of 1.3.1
The log file reads something like this:

[11:28:53,632,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardHost[localhost]:
MAPPING configuration error for request URI
[11:28:53,632,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] HttpProcessor[8080][4]
process.invoke
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.status(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:280)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
java:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:1011)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1106)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone have any problem with this? Or even a thought on what is causing
it? I thought it was the JDK version I was using so I went back to a JDK
that had worked in the past (1.3.0) and it still threw this exception.
I'm totally puzzled.
>:-|

Thanks,
Matt