tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Sweetnam" <Matt.Sweet...@botcc.com>
Subject RE: Problem with mod_webapp.so
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:42:42 GMT
Anyone have any idea why I'm getting null pointers thrown from Tomcat
(4) during the very first call?
Installed TC 4 (with Apache) on NT 4.
Ran from command line.. all good
Went to http://localhost:8080 in IE
Got null pointer exception and stack-trace out of the Tomcat JVM. Stack
trace looks like:

[15:14:48,501,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardHost[localhost]:
MAPPING configuration error for request URI
[15:14:48,501,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] HttpProcessor[8080][4]
process.invoke java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.status(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:280)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
java:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:1011)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
1106)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)