tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Grummons <jgrumm...@icegallery.com>
Subject RE: Guidenance Please
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:13:34 GMT

From: Ansalvish, Dave R [mailto:AnsalvishDR@navair.navy.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:20 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Guidenance Please

-----Original Message-----
From: Ansalvish, Dave R
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:14 AM
To: 'tomcat_user@jakarta.apache.org'

Hi,

  First, I want to thank the group the helpful hints I have been receiving,
I'm slowly getting the hang of this TOMCAT/Apache monster.  But, I still
have a few problems and a some questions.

  System:

   Tomcat 4.0.1
   Apache 1.3.12
   Solaris 8
   JDK 1.3.1-02

 I'm still trying to intergrate TOMCAT/Apache I have done the following...

 - Downloaded and installed mod_webapp.so binary into $APACHE_HOME/libexec
directory.

 Modified httpsd.conf

  - Added 'LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so' at the end
of all my other
    LoadModule lines.

  - Added 'AddModule mod_webapp.c' after all my other AddModule lines.

  Now for the confusion....

   - We run multiple vitural apache servers on different ports.  For
example, we have a server that
     used non-ssl on port 8600 and after a user get authenticated the user
is switched to a ssl
     connection on port 8601.  So, would I put the following line in the
8601 virtual host section
     and would I need to add a special context line in the server xml.

     WebAppConnection warpConnection warp dislink.jcte.jcs.mil:8601
     WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

   - Another area of confusion I'm having is with the server.xml file.
Within the file it states

 <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0" appBase="webapps">

      But, where is the local host statement in the line above.  I tried
adding name='mywebserver',
      and when I restarted Apache and TOMCAT my complete Apache web server
hangs and I can't find any
      errors.

      So if someone has any good examples of a server.xml and httpsd.conf
that they are willing to share I would appreciated it.

 Thanks in advance.

Dave