tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Grummons <jgrumm...@icegallery.com>
Subject warp conn causes apache redirect to be ignored
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:04:04 GMT
Hi all,

I've been through all the documentation I can get my eyes on, and I can't
seem to get around this problem:

I'm running Tomcat 4.0 and Apache 1.3.22.  I have a Virtual Host set up in
my httpd.conf  as follows:

 ### TomCat Warp Connector
WebAppConnection	Apache	        warp	webcruise01:8008

<VirtualHost 10.1.6.45:80>
        ServerName ovs
        DocumentRoot "/home/httpd/www/static/ovs"

   Redirect Permanent /somepage.asp   http://10.1.6.45/newpage.jsp

     <Directory "/home/httpd/www/static/ovs">
        Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

     WebAppDeploy	ovs       Apache	    /
</VirtualHost>

For whatever reason, the WebAppDeploy line prevents apache from seeing the
redirect line.  If I comment out the WebAppDeploy line then the redirect
works.  I can also get the redirect to work if I place it outside the
virtual host on the main server context.  But the minute I uncomment the
WebAppDeploy line, tomcat either gives me a 404 error, or in the case were
the file actually exists, it just shows it as html; instead of processing
the redirect.   And before you ask, I do have the http connector disabled in
server.xml.  Other than this problem, Apache seems to handle html pages
fine.

So what I'm desperate to know is, how do I get tomcat to allow apache to
process the redirect line?  Do I have to do something in the server.xml or
web.xml to force tomcat to give control back to apache??

I've included my server.xml file below just incase there's any questions
about it.

thanks in advance,

~Jeff Grummons
jgrummons@icegallery.com

<!-- Custom Server Configuration File -->

   <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="false"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

	<!-- defaultHost needs to match "ServerName" in httpd.conf -->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0" >

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- OVS Host      -->

      <Host name="ovs" debug="0" appBase="/home/httpd/www"
unpackWARs="true">
      <Alias>10.1.6.45</Alias>

        <!-- Access log -->
                 directory="logs"  prefix="ovs_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common"/>

        <!-- Logger -->

                 directory="logs"  prefix="ovs_log." suffix=".txt"
	        timestamp="true"/>

        <!-- OVS Context -->

        <Context path="" docBase="static/ovs" debug="0"
                 reloadable="false">

                     prefix="ovs_context_log." suffix=".txt"
        	  timestamp="true"/>

        </Context>