tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Bednarz <>
Subject RE: TOMCAT 4.0.1 and Cookies / URL Rewriting
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:27:52 GMT
Hi Mike,

At 28.01.2002 11:05, you wrote:
>No, that's not exactly correct. Tomcat performs URL rewriting in its default
>configuration. So sessions are not 'only' possible if cookies are enabled.
>As a first line of defense, your JSP/servlets should be using the encodeURL
>or encodeRedirectURL methods to ensure that any user that has cookies
>disabled can use your application.

Ah..., this sems to be the problem. I have proted an older Web Application
from JRun to Tomcat 4.0.1. When I turned of cookie support in my browser, a
session was created on TOMCAT but my app allways falls back to the logon
screen. I'll have a look at the code of my servlets and JSP's.

Many thanks!

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>