tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Bednarz <l...@bednarz.ch>
Subject Sources for Tomcat 4.0.1 Win32 Service
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:35:07 GMT
Hi,

Where can I find the sources for the Win32 service? I think the source in
...\service\native are for UNIX only. Generally I am interested how this is
solved in Tomcat 4 since it seems to be completely different from previous
versions.

More specifically I currently have the following problem:
I have uninstalled the service to re-install it with special JVM
parameters. If I execute tomcat /? I get the following help:

D:\Tomcat4.0\bin>tomcat /?
To install a service:
         -install service_name jvm_library (jvm_option)*
         -start start_class [-method start_method] [-params (start_parameter)+]
         [-stop start_class [-method stop_method] [-params (stop_parameter)+]]
         [-out out_log_file] [-err err_log_file]
         [-current current_dir]
         [-path extra_path]

To uninstall a service:
         -uninstall service_name

service_name:   The name of the service.
jvm_library:    The location of the JVM DLL under which to run the service.
jvm_option:     An option to use when starting the JVM, such as:
                 "-Djava.class.path=c:\classes" or "-Xmx128m".
start_class:    The class to load when starting the service.
start_method:   The method to call in the start_class. default: main
start_parameter:A parameter to pass in to the start_method.
stop_class:     The class to load when stopping the service.
stop_method:    The method to call in the stop_class. default: main
stop_parameter: A parameter to pass in to the stop_method.
out_log_file:   A file to redirect System.out into.
err_log_file:   A file to redirect System.err into.
current_dir:    The current working directory for the service.
                 Relative paths will be relative to this directory.
extra_path:     Path additions, for native DLLs etc.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the name of the start class is.  Also I
don't know if there are any more parameters.
I guess I should call something like:
tomcat -install "Apache Tomcat 4.0"
"d:\javasoft\jre131\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll" "-Xms64M -Xmx512MB" -start < LOTS
OF PARAMETERS I DON'T KNOW!!!!>

Is there anywhere some documentation on this or can anybody help me?

Many thanks for your help!

Thomas