tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Holman <j.g.hol...@qmul.ac.uk>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:02:58 GMT
JNDIRealm works by retrieving the password from the directory server and
comparing it explicitly with the value given by
the user. Unfortunately AFAIK this mode of operation will not work with
eDirectory.

There have been proposals (e.g. from me) to enhance JNDIRealm to allow it
to authenticate the user by binding to the directory server, in the same
way as auth_ldap. This should work with eDirectory, but isn't available yet.

John.