tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 JDK1.4 Up then DOWN
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:55:27 GMT
At 08:33 AM 1/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there no info in either the catalina_log or the application's log
>(assuming you have logging turned on in server.xml for the app) that shows
>what might be going on?  I had something similar happen recently with JDK
>1.3 where the main catalina window would display then disappear
>immediately.  The catalina_log.yyyy-mm-dd.txt file had the stacktrace
>explaining what was going on.  In my case it was a resource conflict with
>an IDE I was running.
>
>Mark

Are you using Tomcat 4.0, Mark?  If so, do we set up server.xml the same
way with it as with 3.2?  If so or not so, do you have an example of
setting up an application in server.xml for Tomcat 4.0?

Thanks, if you can help.  I got Tomcat to start up by downloading a new
copy.  No other changes.  Go figure, huh?