tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <>
Subject Re: startup and core dump
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:40:47 GMT
At 10:27 AM 1/21/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I believe this one is well documented, but there is an issue with JDK 1.3.x
>and Linux where a stack set to unlimited will cause a seg fault.  To fix, use
>'ulimit -s 2048' in either or
>If this doesn't fix it, please post more info (OS dist, JDK version, exact
>error text, etc...)

I am using JDK1.4.  Would you expand on what "use 'unlimit -s 2048' in
either or" means in practice?  Where do I put that
in, if you are being literal?  Or, if you are not being literal,
do I just put it in the command line?

Should I go back to JDK1.3.1?  I really like the new stuff in JDK1.4 and
would like to use that if there is a possibility.

Thanks for your help.

- Micael

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>