tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: j2ee and Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:15:31 GMT
At 12:54 AM 1/21/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I am not certain if I am understaind you correctly. But you seemed
>trying to understand the relationship between J2SE and J2EE.
>
>The J2SE is kinda JDK and the J2EE is a set of extensions for the
>server side applications, so called "Enterprise Edition(EE). And the
>Servlet and JSP are just part of it. For that the TC is nothing but
>the RI of Servlet and JSP.
>
>If this is nto what you looking for, you need to clarfy your question
>a bit more.
>

>Pae

Thanks, Pae.  Yes.  I want to know essentially how Tomcat gets the servlet
and jsp classes, and whether I have to provide j2ee for that purpose.  I
presently am thinking I need to put together struts, apache, tomcat 4.0,
j2se 1.4, and red hat 7.2 as a package.  I am not sure whether I will need
apache, since I won't have any static html pages.  Do I need j2ee in there,
and, if so, why and how?  Thanks again.

Micael