tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Todd Wright <jaka...@jtconsult.com>
Subject Re: tomcat setup error
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:08:48 GMT
The problem is that the command prompt gives you something like 32k for
your variables. Starting tomcat needing more memory than you are able to
provide. I would first go to the autoexec.bat (if there is one) and remove
any unnecessary variables.  Then in the config.sys add

SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

This line will set all command environment to have 4mg of environment
space. Should be enough....

If you want to do this for a particular window, then create a shortcut and
rt-click to properties then increase the initial Environment.

Good Luck

At 04:03 AM 1/19/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>After setting the various environment and trying
>to run tomcat i get the following output.  i have
>changed the dos memory stting for startup.bat and
>shutdown.bat, please advice?

>Microsoft(R) Windows 98
>    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998.
>
>C:\WINDOWS>cd\tomcat\bin
>
>C:\tomcat\bin>startup
>Out of environment space
>Out of environment space
>Out of environment space
>Using CATALINA_BASE:   ..
>Using CATALINA_HOME:   ..
>Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
>Using CLASSPATH:
>Using JAVA_HOME:
>Bad command or file name
>
>2)where do you include the code for classpath
>(classpath =c:\tomcat\common\lib.servlet.jar) in the
>autoexec.bat or catalina.bat?
>
>3)do you have to set catalina_home, if so where do you
>put the set catalina_home, in the catalina.bat or....?
>
>Regards
>Vic

Todd Wright
Software Developer / Technical Trainer

www.jtconsult.com

Supposing is good, but finding out is better.
- Mark Twain