tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: JSP Escape character problem - PLEASE HELP
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:11:13 GMT
At 05:27 PM 1/10/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Exactly this code works perfectly fine in JRun! It seems like the parser
>could not handle the escaped quotation mark in the document.write()
>method. Could anybody help? I am currently working with Tomcat 4.0.1. I
>have downloaded the binaries only (for M$ Windows).
>
>Many thanks!!
>
>Thomas

Well, the code should not work in JRun.  Try compiling:
public class Test {
         public static void main(String [] params) {
                 System.out.println("document.write(\"<SCRIPT
LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.2'
SRC='/Echnaton/Scripts/hierArrays_Admin.js'><\/SCRIPT>\");");
         }
}

and you will see what is wrong with \/ before SCRIPT.  The character "/" is
not a valid escape character.  Cannot understand why JRun would compile it.

-- micael