tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re:Batteries for A Present for Sanjeev
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:11:56 GMT
At 09:04 AM 1/1/02 -0800, you wrote:
>At 07:52 AM 1/1/02 -0800, you wrote:

>>>'System.out.println("bla bla...")' goes when the servelet is executed.  I
>>>would like to use this to debug my servlet.

>If you want a debugger you can put in easier than using
>System.out.println("blah blah ..."), I include one you are welcome to use,
>but not sell, with this reply.  I use it all the time.  Essentially you
>just go (where "data" is the variable you want to test): new
>Debugger(true).add(data).log(true);  If you want to add lots of variables,
>new Debugger(true).add(data1).add(data2).add(dataN).log(true);  The  The
>value "true" in log(true) tells the application to save the last run of
>the log.  Using "false" as in log(false) would overwrite the last
>run.  You can figure out the rest easily enough.  There are a few rather
>obvious choices and all data types are overloaded and covered. Enjoy!
>
>- micael

You need, of course, Sanjeev, to set the name of the jdk you are
using.  The debugger class references the following class:

package tccjava;

public class JavaPlatform {
         public static final String version = "j2sdk1.4.0-beta3";
}

And, you need to set the path for you log files as show in the constructors
of the debugger, using this JavaPlatform file.