tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject A Present for Sanjeev
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:04:34 GMT
At 07:52 AM 1/1/02 -0800, you wrote:
>At 10:59 AM 1/1/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>At 05:13 PM 12/31/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>> >
>> >My servlets in Tomcat works just fine, but I was wondering where does the
>>'System.out.println("bla bla...")' goes when the servelet is executed.  I
>>would like to use this to debug my servlet.
>> >
>> >thanks,
>> >
>> >Sanjeev

If you want a debugger you can put in easier than using
System.out.println("blah blah ..."), I include one you are welcome to use,
but not sell, with this reply.  I use it all the time.  Essentially you
just go (where "data" is the variable you want to test): new
Debugger(true).add(data).log(true);  If you want to add lots of variables,
new Debugger(true).add(data1).add(data2).add(dataN).log(true);  The  The
value "true" in log(true) tells the application to save the last run of the
log.  Using "false" as in log(false) would overwrite the last run.  You can
figure out the rest easily enough.  There are a few rather obvious choices
and all data types are overloaded and covered. Enjoy!

- micael