tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cressatti, Dominique" <Dominique.Cressa...@lansa.co.uk>
Subject RE: Apache - Tomcat - integration
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:22:04 GMT
it's fairly easy, once you know how do it
and were are pitfalls.

>2...
I don't know what is the AJP connector but I don't
you need since you should be using the warp connector.

1st) are tomcat and apache working? have you tried to
go to http://localhost:8080/examples/ and http://localhost

What did you add in your httpd.conf?
did you uncomment and configured the ServerName
(not the one to do with virtualhost) directive?

Dom

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown Bay [mailto:brown_bay100@hotmail.com]
Sent: 18 January 2002 06:06
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Apache - Tomcat - integration

Hi,

I have been trying to make Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.0 work together but I was
not sure what the different pieces are that I need to make them work
together. I have listed a couple of doubts below, please take the time to
answer them.

1. What is mod_webwap. Do I need this in my case. I have downloaded and
copied the .dll into winnt/system32 and into %APACHE_HOME%/modules and the
.so in to %APACHE_HOME%/modules

2. What is AJP connector and what is the relation with mod_jk. Do I need
this in my case, according to the docs the AJP connector is required to
connect to web servers, but the docs dont say exactly what is to be done (or
maybe I have not been able to understand)

One of the places that I saw
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-win32.xml and
http://dcb.sun.com/practices/howtos/tomcat_apache.jsp gave an easy guide
that does not seem to work in my case. When I type http://localhost/examples
the Apache.exe process runs at 99% and never comes back.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Brown.