tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lauer, Oliver" <Oliver.La...@AXA.de>
Subject AW: Performance comparison TC3.2/4.0
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:50:32 GMT
Hi Ralf,

thanks for your response. I'll try to answer your questions but before doing
so - I understand you did some measurements as well - what were your results
? Can you state that TC4.0 is slower than 3.2 ?

I didn't do the measurement on my own just got the results, but I can you
tell that in both scenarios we've used the standard installation without any
additional configuration and the app is exactly the same.

The app is a Health Care System that is connecting to OS390/IMS-CICS as
well:

Just some questions:

- stand alone or with connector (which connector)
	--> standalone
- OS
	--> Sun OS 2.7
- Hardware
	--> E450
- with which tool did you get this results ?
	--> Webload
- did you verify that the measured results
  match the experience when you visit the
  page ? (Background: We made the experience
  that some tools show numbers that doesn't
  match always reality)
	--> I've to investigate that; I've just got the excel

How does your test look like:
- How many pages
	--> 70
- How many concurrent users
	--> 5 - 75
- Does your tool honor cookies
	--> I guess yes
- Did you model typical user behaviour (latency between clicks, ...)
	--> I guess no !
- What are the pages doing
	--> Insure your health - worldwide :-)
- How often did you repeat the test
	--> just once !

> AXA eSolutions GmbH
> AXA Konzern AG Germany
> Oliver Lauer
> Web Architect
> Wörthstraße 34
> D-50668 Köln
> Germany
> Tel.: +49 221 148 31277
> Fax: +49 221 148 43963
> Mobil: +49 179 59 064 59
> e-Mail: Oliver.Lauer@axa.de
> _____________________________

- stand alone or with connector (which connector)
- OS
- Hardware
- with which tool did you get this results ?
- did you verify that the measured results
  match the experience when you visit the
  page ? (Background: We made the experience
  that some tools show numbers that doesn't
  match always reality)

How does your test look like:
- How many pages
- How many concurrent users
- Does your tool honor cookies
- Did you model typical user behaviour (latency between clicks, ...)
- What are the pages doing
- How often did you repeat the test

In the past we had several different results using the
same servlet container (good ol' JServ) depending on how
we setup the test, the web server and the servlet engine.

With MS WebStress we got sometimes quite different results
without any change. (We observed, that the test where
more reproducable if we cleaned the result database between
each run, it looks like some times WebStress uses some data
from previous run)