tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sumit.ra...@rhodesgroup.org
Subject RE: Problem with JDBC-Connection to DB2 from Tomcat4.0.1
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 20:07:58 GMT
set the driver name along with the path in the classpath
eg is the driver name is abc.xyz in the folder d:\apache\...\web-inf
then set the classpath to d:\apache\...\web-inf\abc.xyz

this should work.

Sumit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anja Falkner [mailto:anja.falkner@fimedia.de]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 4:06 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with JDBC-Connection to DB2 from Tomcat4.0.1

Hello list,

is there anyone, who has an idea or can explain me the following situation:

My JSP-file imports a self-written class named 'Connect'. This class should
connect to DB2 with using IBM-app-driver. If I start this application, I get
a ClassNotFoundException because of the driver.

I have tried, to copy the driver to the local directory and the
WEB-INF\classes\-directory. Then Tomcat says: Can't find bundle for base
name...

BUT:
My pure java-program 'Connect.java' on the same computer can connect to DB2
without problems. It uses the same driver as the Tomcat-Application.

Is it possible, that Tomcat doesn't use the same CLASSPATH as the system?
And if, how can I say Tomcat, where he can find the driver?

Many greetings
Anja Falkner
The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
may be privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message,
regardless of the address or routing, is not an intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and any
review, use, distribution, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and
all files transmitted with it from your system and notify the sender by
reply e-mail or by calling 1-888-338-6076.