tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Purcell, Scott" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject RE: Session Timeout
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:57:09 GMT
I think Justin is correct in stating to put the timeout in the JSP's. I bet
the web.xml file is only for servlets.

Anyone know for sure?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: sumit.rajan@rhodesgroup.org [mailto:sumit.rajan@rhodesgroup.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 10:42 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Session Timeout

Hi,
	I tried setting session timeout to 5 mins using web.xml (please see
the following code), but it does not seem to be working. In my jsp I
displayed getMaxInactiveInterval() and it shows 1800 (30 mins). Can anyone
please let me know if I can use web.xml for session timeout in jsp pages or
not.
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            5
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>

Sumit.
The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
may be privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message,
regardless of the address or routing, is not an intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and any
review, use, distribution, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and
all files transmitted with it from your system and notify the sender by
reply e-mail or by calling 1-888-338-6076.