tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Purcell, Scott" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Applet Hassles
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:58:17 GMT
Hello,
I have been using the Tomcat on NT for the past 7 months mostly dealing with
Servlets and JSP's, and everything works great. I believe I have all my
classpaths correct and the system configured properly.

But whenever I create an applet, not using a package, and place it in the
/classes directory (eg. classes/digitalClock.class), then put my HTML for
the <applet> tag into my /root folder, the system cannot ever seem to find
the damn applet class. I get a "class not found exception". I double checked
my classpath and I am pointing to the /classes directory?

Do I need to put in servlet.digitalClock.class in the applet tag? I tried
that too and it does not work?  Does any ideas I can try to get this to
function?

Thanks,

Scott Purcell