tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Cassidy <dcass...@hotgen.com>
Subject Re: cached jsp pages when "no cache" specified still there after page is gone
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:43:45 GMT
Do you mean that TC has compiled a jsp page into a .java file, compiled
it into a servlet and left the resulting .class file in your work directory

But you'd rather it recompiled ***each*** time a user accessed the page

Or do you mean that when a users browser accesses the jsp page their
browser gets sent the "Cache-Control" header and is ignoring it's plea to
not cache the output from the jsp page ?

If the former then you're stuffed. (as to do this would be suicide )

If the latter then you need to add some extra headers like

  h.addHeader("Pragma", "No-cache");
  h.addHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache, must-revalidate");
  h.addDateHeader("Expires",  new java.util.Date().getTime() );
  h.addDateHeader("Last-Modified", new java.util.Date().getTime());

:)