tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Forget <pascal.for...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.23 + Tomcat 4.0.2 Load balancing HOWTO
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:19:44 GMT
Andrew Logan wrote:

> A quick question, why did you choose to use the AJP13
> connector rather than the WARP connector that is
> recommended?

My understanding was the warp connector is used in
conjunction with mod_webapp, which currently forwards
all requests to Tomcat, not just JSP and servlets; I
wanted static content to be served by Apache.  I believe
I also read somewhere that mod_webapp does not currently
support load balancing.

Also, I found the documentation for the warp connector
on the Jakarta web site to be quite lacking.  See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/warp.html

I know that the future lies in the warp connector, but
in the meantime, I needed something.  The documentation
did not explain to me exactly what benefits I would get
from using the Warp connector as opposed to AJP13.

Cheers,

Pascal