tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Forget <pascal.for...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: Load balancer - no session affinity
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:35:24 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The jvmRoute was added to the Catalina core.
> You use it through a 'jvmRoute' attribute on the engine
>(give it a unique name). After that, I think it should
> be ok, since the native connector should recognize the
> jvmRoute tag and always route the session to the same
> VM.

It works!  I now have a working apache 1.3.22 handling
static content and dispatching *.jsp and servlet requests
to two tomcat 4.0.2 Beta2 servers using the load
balancing worker.  Session affinity works, and if one
tomcat server dies, the other one ends up processing
all requests.

If someone's interested in getting step by step
instuctions on how to do it, just let me know.

Best Regards,

Pascal