tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pixel <pi...@pixelfreak.net>
Subject Re: Keystore format
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:55:39 GMT

~Scott

Jason Barr wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Is one able to use a non-JKS type keystore with Tomcat? The docs don't
>get very specific about this and mention that only JKS type keystores
>can be used.

Not sure about this one. From what I understand, Tomcat usess JSSE,
which only supports the Java keystore format. See

http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index.html

for full details on JSSE.

>Has anyone figured out a way to extract a private key from a JKS (or for
>that matter, a pkcs12) type keystore?

Here is a site that explains how to import a private / public key and
certificate in .der format. There is example code, [import.java] which
might provide some insight as to extracting the key instead.

http://comu.de/docs/tomcat_ssl.htm

~Scott