tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pixel <>
Subject Re: Keystore format
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:55:39 GMT

Jason Barr wrote:

>Hi all,
>Is one able to use a non-JKS type keystore with Tomcat? The docs don't
>get very specific about this and mention that only JKS type keystores
>can be used.
Not sure about this one. From what I understand, Tomcat usess JSSE,
which only supports the Java keystore format. See

for full details on JSSE.

>Has anyone figured out a way to extract a private key from a JKS (or for
>that matter, a pkcs12) type keystore?
Here is a site that explains how to import a private / public key and
certificate in .der format. There is example code, [] which
might provide some insight as to extracting the key instead.

>Jason Barr
>Vendor Manager
>Thawte Tech Support

To unsubscribe:   <>