tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Barr <jas...@thawte.com>
Subject Tomcat and Server Gated Crypto
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:49:08 GMT
Hi there,

A first time poster, so hopefully the question is brief and to the
point and apologies if it has been answered already.

Does stand alone Tomcat support SGC 'technology?'

I see Tomcat can be used on top of IIS/Netscape/Apache and in these
instances I'm assuming that it should support SGC as it will use the
underlying crypto libraries, and support for SGC in stand alone mode
remains a grey area, so if anybody could make this clearer, that would
be great.

Thanks in advance for any replies. BTW, Tomcat is becoming very popular
with our clients.  : )
--
Jason Barr
Thawte Tech Support