tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Kolvereid <o...@op.net>
Subject Re: New ROOT
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:56:15 GMT
Hi GL,
    I'd like to think it was as simple as that.  My server.xml does have a
Root Context and a docBase of "ROOT", but it is commented out.  That was my
very 1st try - but that didn't pan out - obviously.
I suspect that the default directory is either hard-wired (heaven forbid), or
located in some other config (.xml) file.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Guillermo Labatte wrote:

> Look into the server.xml file. There you will find several Context
> entries. The ROOT context has the path element with value "" (empty
> string). Change the docBase  attribute of that context and use anything
> you like instead of ROOT. As far as I know the directory you use as
> docBase should be relative to webapps, tough. I think you can use a .jar
> file as a docBase, instead of a directory. Maybe someone more
> knowledgeable than me could enlighten us.
>
> John Kolvereid wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >   More to the point:  How does one respecify the default directory which
> >is shipped as
> >                $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT
> >Is it in the server.xml, or the web.xml, or somewhere else.  I sure can't
> >find it.
> >    Please advise.
> >
> >John Kolvereid wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>    Tried to do that but it failed for me.  I created ln from
> >>/webapps/ROOT to /home/httpd/jsp and moved all the ROOT files there.
> >>When I tried to start Tom it said it couldn't find any files.  Then I
> >>returned all the files to /webapps/ROOT (as a legit dir), and Tom found
> >>them again.  Am I setting the ln up wrong?  Please advise.  Thanks.

> >>--
> >>      John Kolvereid
> >>      http://www.odinfo.com
> >>      http://www.kolvereid.com