tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Kolvereid <o...@op.net>
Subject Re: New ROOT
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:44:05 GMT
Hi GL,
    I tried it again.  This time it worked.  Now, instead of tricking Tom,
how can I simply change the default directory from webapps/ROOT to (say)
/home/httpd/jsp.  And then how can I address jsp files from non-jsp files.
Do I have to
And if so, how do I return.  Must I then
Any thoughts.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Guillermo Labatte wrote:

> mv /tomcatdir/webapps/ROOT /home/httpd/.
> mv /home/httpd/ROOT /home/httpd/jsp
> ln -s /home/httpd/jsp /tomcatdir/webapps/ROOT
>
> should do the trick.
>
> Tomcat (being a Java application) cannot tell the difference between a
> regular directory and a linked directory. So maybe you set the link
> wrong, or maybe there were a problem with the file permissions (i.e. the
> user under which Tomcat were running did not have the necessary
> privileges to access the /home/httpd/jsp directory or its files)
>
> John Kolvereid wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >    Tried to do that but it failed for me.  I created ln from
> >/webapps/ROOT to /home/httpd/jsp and moved all the ROOT files there.
> >When I tried to start Tom it said it couldn't find any files.  Then I
> >returned all the files to /webapps/ROOT (as a legit dir), and Tom found
> >them again.  Am I setting the ln up wrong?  Please advise.  Thanks.
> >
> >Guillermo Labatte wrote:

> >>Maybe there is a better way, but I do it using a symbolic link.
> >>

> --

      John Kolvereid
      http://www.akaodin.com
      http://www.kolvereid.com