tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hans Schlenker <hans.schlen...@first.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: shipping a webapp
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:49:41 GMT
E B wrote:

> Hi
> How do you package a webapp for shipping?
> make a war? okay, but I want things to be
> setup in other directories as well. like
> putting some jar files in common/lib and
> putting a file myconfig.xml in common/classes.

Making a war should be fine. Why do you want to install things
elsewhere?

I have the problem to use a native library from different web apps (i.e.
different versions of the same one) which requires to install files into
some shared location, e.g. $CATALINA_HOME/lib. This, however, yielded
some runtime problems: see subject "howto install shared jar's at
runtime" in this mailing list.

Generally, if you want to deploy your webapp using the (Tomcat4) manager
tool, there is no standard way to install files other than in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/XXX . Copying anything elsewhere must be done by
your own webapp. If this is your problem, I could provide you with some
code that allows you to unzip one given jar/zip/war-file into different
file system locations.

Regards,

Hans