tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour; i don't understand...
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:51:21 GMT
Anton Brazhnyk a écrit :

Hi Anton,

First of all,  thank you for yur answer !

cause felt a bit confused with some behaviour of Tomcat...

> Hi!
>

> > My first question is " What is the difference deploying such context in
> > the Stand-Alone portion
> > of conf/server.xml or the Apache-Tomcat part ?"
> >

> Any difference at that abstraction layer, but there IS difference
> in implementation of HttpConnector and WarpConnector

Well i'm not really sure, what do yu mean by this big IS ?
Could yu lead me to extra documentation about it or smth like that; please ?

> > With http://Server:8080/StressZone OK.
> > With http://Server:80/StressZone it doesn't work !
> >
> > So the second question "According to what i read on the Wapr Connection
> > Doc, it seems that for a Context
> > to be seen by Apache via Warp Connector, its  application  has to be
> > installed under the webapps directory of Tomcat...
> > So if i well understand the stuff, YOU CAN't deployed such an
> > application via Warp Connector somewhere else than under
> > $CATALINA_HOME/webapps"
> >  Am i Right ???
>
> Nope
> All your configs are OK. This bug or unimplemented feature (in my book)
> is discussed about half-dozen times during this week.

Sorry for the half-dozen...
I read so many things about Tomcat, i'm not sure my head will be large
enough to
remember all of it.

BTW as it seems Tomcat is not unknow for yu, do yu have some informations
about mod_webapp
and LoadBalancing, like Tomcat 3.x afforded ?
If so could yu give me a word on it ?

> Try  http://Server:80/StressZone/
> (trailing slash is the answer for mod_webapp)

Yes, yu got it !

Tkanks alot.

Jean-Luc :O)