tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Strange behaviour; i don't understand...
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:04:14 GMT
Hi All,

Running
- SOLARIS 8
- Apache 1.3.20
- Tomcat 4.x
- Warp Connector ( mod_webapp )

Well here's my problem:

The Dev_Team is making different parts of dev.

I made for each person a personal dev space, generally in
/home_dir/AppWeb.
They dev and test using standalone mode
http://hostname:8080/Context_Zone
All is clear, no problems. Below is an example of how i deploy the
Contexts

<Context path="/iretest" docBase="/home/cdelpont/AppWeb/iretest"
debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
        <!-- cdelpont applications logger -->
                directory="/home/cdelpont/Logs" prefix="Tomcat_Log."
suffix=".txt"
                verbosity="4" timestamp="true">
        </Logger>
        </Context>

My first question is " What is the difference deploying such context in
the Stand-Alone portion
of conf/server.xml or the Apache-Tomcat part ?"

When they have tested and roughly debug their part of app., the code is
transferred in a Special Context
named Stress_Zone for complete testing

<Context path="/StressZone" docBase="/home/shared/AppWeb/StressZone"
debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
        <!-- StressZone applications logger -->
                directory="/home/shared/Logs" prefix="Stress_Log."
suffix=".txt"
                verbosity="4" timestamp="true">
        </Logger>
        </Context>

With http://Server:8080/StressZone OK.
With http://Server:80/StressZone it doesn't work !

So the second question "According to what i read on the Wapr Connection
Doc, it seems that for a Context
to be seen by Apache via Warp Connector, its  application  has to be
installed under the webapps directory of Tomcat...
So if i well understand the stuff, YOU CAN't deployed such an
application via Warp Connector somewhere else than under
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps"
 Am i Right ???

Any help will be welcome ...

Jean-Luc BEAUDET :O(