tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Re: Experience with multiple Apache's hitting one Tomcat?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:00:18 GMT
Nikola Milutinovic a écrit :

> > I've configured two apaches (1.322) on two different boxes to send requests
> > to one tomcat. Everything seems to be working fine. I didn't find this
> > mentioned in any of the documentation or user lists / FAQs, and I was
> > wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Is this a bad idea?
>
> No, it actually should be a good idea. Place Apache on "high bandwidth machine" and Tomcat
on "good CPU/mem" machine, while your DB is on a "SCSI RAID/memory beast" machine.

> > Additionally, I want to run Apache on a different box than Tomcat. I was
> > also able to configure this and get it working. But I couldn't find any
> > documentation on how to do this anywhere. Does such documentation exist?
>
> I haven't seen any. Could you send your configuration files? I think most of us would
be interested.

> Nix.

Yes, this is a pretty good idea !

I think that all people will be highly interested in such a project.

BTW maybe yu had to solve, with two Apaches and one Tomcat the pb of LoadBalancing.
It used to exist in Tomcat 3.x, and documented - with mod_jk -, but there is neither documentation
nor FAQ...
So if yu experienced such a stuff, please tell us !

This kind of experiment is really benefic for most of us; Thank yu.

Jean-Luc BEAUDET :O)