tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pixel <pi...@pixelfreak.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Policy????
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:34:17 GMT
Rui,

Under Windows, network drives are mounted independantly of the Operating
System. Each user has their own set of mapped drives when they log in,
which are unseen by services. Since you are running Tomcat as a service,
it runs under a user know as "System", which does not have access to
your network shares.

I've used two workarounds with other services, but i'm unsure if they
will work with Tomcat.

1] Use one of the many "Run as service" applications out there or the
scheduling system in Windows 2000 to start Tomcat using a user that has
the requried drives mapped.

2] Give, the "System" permission to access your network shares and
specify your drive using the \\server\share path. This way of specifying
a path might not work with Java and Tomcat.

Hopefully someone else knows a better way of doing this.

~Scott