tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laura Reising <>
Subject Give webapps FilePermissions in catalina.policy
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:17:06 GMT
Hello list,

I'm using Tomcat4.0.1 with the "-security"-option.

Now I want every webapp to have the read- and write--FilePermission to
the files in it's own Doc-Root.

I tried the following in "catalina.policy":

// These permissions are granted by default to all web applications
// In addition, a web application will be given a read FilePermission
// and JndiPermission for all files and directories in its document
// root.
grant {

  // Set FilePermission for Files in own doc-root
  permission "${doc.root}/-", "read, write";

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

For example with "jspMyAdmin"
( I get the following error:

<---snip---> access denied

The exception class was : class

The Security-Manager won't let the webapp write the Logfile.

Anyone with an idea for me? RTFM wellcome!

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message