tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Paussa <Chuck.Pau...@systems.dhl.com>
Subject passing a file to a servlet (fopservlet) file not found error
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:40:30 GMT
Hi, total tomcat newbie question:

I'm trying to pass a file to a servlet (FopServlet). The instructions
say, go to a URL like this:
http://localhost:8080/fop/fop?fo=/pathtofile/test.fo

Tomcat returns:

javax.servlet.ServletException: /pathtofile/test.fo (The system cannot find the path specified)
	at FopServlet.doGet(FopServlet.java:78)

The servlet source code has
FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream(foParam);

I put the test.fo file in every tomcat sub-directory I thought might
work and called it replacing "pathtofile" with every path combination
might work. Still, I get a file not found error. So, there must be
something that I'm not understanding correctly. Why can't my servlet
find the file? I am running tomcat standalone, out of the box. Apache
Tomcat/4.0.1

Here is how I configured the system:

server.xml
  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        <Context path="/fop" docBase="fop"  debug="0" reloadable="true"
privileged="false"/>

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\fop\WEB-INF\web.xml

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>            Fop        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>            FopServlet        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name> Fop </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern> /fop </url-pattern>