tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: why use mod_webapp?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:37:54 GMT
Deducing....
	Why install apache? just put all your html and images in tomcat.  I
mean what is the point, right?
The point is loosely coupled technologies that can be seperated and
mananaged by the appropriate people.  html on apache can handle serving
static content faster than Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave North [mailto:Dave.North@signiant.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: why use mod_webapp?

Well, ya I know this.  But you could still have apache do a re-direct to
tomcat on whatever port it's lisening on (say 8080) and get the same
result.  My own personal opinion is mod_webapp is cleaner but I'm under
some pressue to say WHY it's better.  Can't really think of any good
reasons really.

Dave