tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: why use mod_webapp?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:23:15 GMT
same port! port 80 is http (apache) tomcat would then have to run alone on
another machine or Virtual IP.
the beauty is that we can now SSI jsp/servlet in html and you never bounce
to another port or have to add DNS entrees...
just a few reasons, you'll get more and better explained.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave North [mailto:Dave.North@signiant.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:21 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: why use mod_webapp?

Hi Folks,
	I'm already using mod_webapp for handling my tomcat traffic via
apache.  My question from a guy here is why do we do this and not just
create a simple re-direct page?  ie. create a directory with a 1 line
HTML page in it that re-directs to the tomcat HTTP server.  Are there
other advantages to using the WARP connector?

Thanks

Dave

Dave North
SIGNIANT Inc.