tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: use JSP open new window
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:35:13 GMT
yes,  I was thinking about this too and I would (if you had to) make the
call to the jsp page that wanted in a new window with a parameter like:
response.sendRedirect("http://localhost/window.jsp?window=1");
return;

then in your window.jsp page put:

<%
if("1".equals(request.getParameter("window"))){
%>
<script type='text/JavaScript'>openWindow()</script>

<%}%>

That is if you wanted to have a page that could be seen in the original
window or in a seperate window.  I don't know if you need that function...

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillermo Labatte [mailto:labatteg@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 5:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: use JSP open new window

Galbayar wrote:

>how to use sendRedirect method to open new browser window?

As far as I know, sendRedirect works at the HTTP level. In order to open
a new browser window you need to operate at the HTML/JavaScript level.

Use something like <script type='text/JavaScript'>openWindow()</script>
in your HTML code in order to open a new window without user
intervention. Please check the exact syntax in your HTML/JavaScript manuals.