tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Adams <bad...@AEM-TX.com>
Subject RE: INSTALLING Tomcat-4.0 with JDK1.4 beta.
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:27:26 GMT
It does work I am using it.  There is a registry error that causes that.  I
don't know how to fix the registry but others here do.
I download the src version for windows and installed by hand and it works
great on two machines! :)
ohh, you did not say what OS, I assumed Windows if not dunno..

-----Original Message-----
From: JavaWriter2002@netscape.net [mailto:JavaWriter2002@netscape.net]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:39 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: INSTALLING Tomcat-4.0 with JDK1.4 beta.

Yes you guessed it...Tomcat4.0 won't install using jdk1.4 beta.  The first
thing it does is says it cant find a Java Development kit.  Works fine with
JDK1.3 so I'm guessing jdk1.4 will install once it is out of beta.  Correct?
There are some new utilities in jdk1.4 I'd like to use, but I've noticed
other things that don't work in jdk1.4 that traditionally works in the rest,
namely the way a class is imported.

PM

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/